OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altitude from DEM, and Barometer for elevation

2 posters

Go down

Altitude from DEM, and Barometer for elevation Empty Altitude from DEM, and Barometer for elevation

Post  febs Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:05 pm

If I check both, which one is actually used to set the elevation in the track?

Most important: I think it would be best to have two gauges for altitude in the dashboard(s). One for the DEM altitude, another for the Barometer altitude. So you can check and compare, for instance, and also get a guess of the upcoming weather - if your DEM is accurate and your barometric altitude become higher than the real height (after you calibrated it properly at the beginning of the track) that mean that pressure is going down and opposite.

What do you think?

Gracias Wink

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139

Back to top Go down

Altitude from DEM, and Barometer for elevation Empty Re: Altitude from DEM, and Barometer for elevation

Post  orux Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:01 pm

febs wrote:If I check both, which one is actually used to set the elevation in the track?

Most important: I think it would be best to have two gauges for altitude in the dashboard(s). One for the DEM altitude, another for the Barometer altitude. So you can check and compare, for instance, and also get a guess of the upcoming weather - if your DEM is accurate and your barometric altitude become higher than the real height (after you calibrated it properly at the beginning of the track) that mean that pressure is going down and opposite.

What do you think?

Gracias Wink
Hi;

Interesting, I'll add this feature later.

the barometer has priority,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down