OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beta 5.0.19 on android 2.3

4 posters

Go down

Beta 5.0.19 on android 2.3 Empty Beta 5.0.19 on android 2.3

Post  fabrylama Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi Orux, I'm loving the speed/cadence ant+ support of this beta!
On my xperia x8 with android 2.3 I noticed some bugs:
-If I stop recording the track and then start again, a popup ask if I want to: continue track/new segment/new track, if I select "new segment" the program crashes.
-In trip computer view, every change of the interface (except for the top two main fields in TC-1) don't stick: i.e. if I change one of the fields (on every page on the trip computer), everything works fine (i.e. change the "gps precision" field to "distance"), but if I go back to map mode and then back to trip computer, the fields reset itself to the default setting. (this bug is not present on android 4, maybe because the trip computer has a new design on android 4?)
-In TC-1 this happened to me twice: after some time following a route, the "delay in route" field changed to this:
Beta 5.0.19 on android 2.3 Screenshot1350659347243
while the correct time should have been something around -15 sec
I want to stress that this doesn't allvays happen.

Thank you orux for your hard and great work!

Ps. is there a way of starting a new segment without stopping and re-starting the recording?

fabrylama

Cantidad de envíos : 96

Back to top Go down

Beta 5.0.19 on android 2.3 Empty Re: Beta 5.0.19 on android 2.3

Post  orux Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:17 pm

fabrylama wrote:Hi Orux, I'm loving the speed/cadence ant+ support of this beta!
On my xperia x8 with android 2.3 I noticed some bugs:
-If I stop recording the track and then start again, a popup ask if I want to: continue track/new segment/new track, if I select "new segment" the program crashes.

-In trip computer view, every change of the interface (except for the top two main fields in TC-1) don't stick: i.e. if I change one of the fields (on every page on the trip computer), everything works fine (i.e. change the "gps precision" field to "distance"), but if I go back to map mode and then back to trip computer, the fields reset itself to the default setting. (this bug is not present on android 4, maybe because the trip computer has a new design on android 4?)
fabrylama wrote:
-In TC-1 this happened to me twice: after some time following a route, the "delay in route" field changed to this:
while the correct time should have been something around -15 sec
I want to stress that this doesn't allvays happen.

Thanks

I have prepared a new beta, which unifies the interface for all versions, I hope to correct some of those mistakes.

fabrylama wrote:
Ps. is there a way of starting a new segment without stopping and re-starting the recording?

Only two ways-->
1.-auto segment creation, each xx minutes/km (configuration--tracks/routes)
2.-auto segment creation, if no movement after xx seconds (configuration--tracks/routes)

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 am

Thank you, may I suggest adding a direct way to segment the track? I think it would be useful to be able to manually create a new segment (i.e. at the beginning of an hill).
P.S. do you plan to add the speed/cadence data in the gpx file, or it will remain a data only shown in realtime?

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi again Orux,
if I manually insert a 5 digit code (55630) for the ant+ heart rate sensor, the program crash (as soon as I press "start ant+"). If the code is 4 digits everything is ok.
This also happens on android 4.
Thank you for this great app.
Fabrizio

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:00 pm

fabrylama wrote:Hi again Orux,
if I manually insert a 5 digit code (55630) for the ant+ heart rate sensor, the program crash (as soon as I press "start ant+"). If the code is 4 digits everything is ok.
This also happens on android 4.
Thank you for this great app.
Fabrizio

Please, try with the last beta--> www.oruxmaps.com/cs

The ID for ant+ should be a 'short' integer, <32.768;

Try first the auto configuration, using 'zero'; use only manual configuration if the sensor does not connect automatically.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi Orux,
now the changes in the small fields in tc-1 stick, but I cannot change the two main fields.
Huge problem for the ANT funcionality: I press "start ANT" then select the HR monitor, the popup says "connecting" but then nothing happens, so ANT is not working.

for the the .19 beta:
for the ANT+, if I set 0 the HR sensor works, but since I have other friends I ride with that use ANT+ HR sensor, sometimes if I start the ANT when they are present, orux uses their sensor; to avoid this I simply tried to manually set the device id, for my sensor ("Geonaute" from btwin) the ID (reported from ipsensorman) appear to be 55630.

EDIT 1
On an unrelated matter: I usually use the phone in airplane mode (for the previous testing I used in "normal" mode), by default my phone closes the ANT radio when I start the airplane mode, but I found that if ipsensorman is running ant works also in airplane mode. As a workaround I found on the market a program called "Airplane Mode Modifier" that lets me change the airplane mode radio rules. Now the request: could you integrate this function?

thank you again!

EDIT 2:
I haven't checked, but maybe the problem with the ANT device ID is that it's an unsigned short int?

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:19 pm

PS. Tomorrow I will test it on the other phone with android 4 (xperia arc s)

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:43 pm

fabrylama wrote:Hi Orux,
now the changes in the small fields in tc-1 stick, but I cannot change the two main fields.
Huge problem for the ANT funcionality: I press "start ANT" then select the HR monitor, the popup says "connecting" but then nothing happens, so ANT is not working.

for the the .19 beta:
for the ANT+, if I set 0 the HR sensor works, but since I have other friends I ride with that use ANT+ HR sensor, sometimes if I start the ANT when they are present, orux uses their sensor; to avoid this I simply tried to manually set the device id, for my sensor ("Geonaute" from btwin) the ID (reported from ipsensorman) appear to be 55630.

EDIT 1
On an unrelated matter: I usually use the phone in airplane mode (for the previous testing I used in "normal" mode), by default my phone closes the ANT radio when I start the airplane mode, but I found that if ipsensorman is running ant works also in airplane mode. As a workaround I found on the market a program called "Airplane Mode Modifier" that lets me change the airplane mode radio rules. Now the request: could you integrate this function?

thank you again!

EDIT 2:
I haven't checked, but maybe the problem with the ANT device ID is that it's an unsigned short int?

Hi;

thanks;

solved tc-1 problem (in next beta)

about ant+ heart rate monitor. I am also testing with a geonaute device. working fine with both 'zero ID' and ipsensor detected ID (17433).

Try restarting your device. Current beta20 version can work with integer IDs.

I think I can control the airplane mode; I will try to add an option to not stop ant sensor.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:12 pm

orux wrote:

about ant+ heart rate monitor. I am also testing with a geonaute device. working fine with both 'zero ID' and ipsensor detected ID (17433).

Try restarting your device. Current beta20 version can work with integer IDs.

Hi, I tried restarting and also uninstalling and reinstalling and also deleting the preferences files, but ANT is not working at all. After I chose the sensor and press ok, the popup says "connecting..." but it never connects to the HR sensor. It's like ANT never starts because in the menu the button is still "start ANT", if I press it again, it ask again which sensor to use and then, again, nothing happens.
This also happens on android 4.0. If I reinstall the beta .19 ANT works fine as expected (no reboot needed).

Glad to be helpful!

Ps. I checked on the ant manual, it says that the id is an unsigned int <65535

Fabrizio

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  pfadfinder-outdoor Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi,
same problem here, Sony Xperia Active, Android 4.0, Q_synce HR and S&C sensore.
Ant+ not starting in Beta5.20.
But when I run beta5.19 start Ant+, and then install Beta5.20 over it and start it, the Ant+ is started and the HR sensor is found. When Ant+ is stopped it can not be started again.

Also the ikone for the settings (four lines) are missing, I can not calibrate Altitude.

Will the Ant+ Speed optional like "Use altitude from Barometer" and recorded in the statistics?

Regards

pfadfinder-outdoor

Cantidad de envíos : 22

http://www.pfadfinder-outdoor.de

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:48 am

pfadfinder-outdoor wrote:Hi,
But when I run beta5.19 start Ant+, and then install Beta5.20 over it and start it, the Ant+ is started and the HR sensor is found. When Ant+ is stopped it can not be started again.

Also the ikone for the settings (four lines) are missing, I can not calibrate Altitude.

Will the Ant+ Speed optional like "Use altitude from Barometer" and recorded in the statistics?

Regards

Catched the bug;

A new release soon,

thanks!

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:02 am

pfadfinder-outdoor wrote:Hi,

Regards

Ok;

try with last beta--> www.oruxmaps.com/cs

about 'ikone for the settings (four lines) are missing'--> if not present is because your phone should have a 'menu' button; please, try with that button,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrylama Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:20 am

Both ANT and the TC fields works perfectly!
thank you Very Happy

fabrylama

Back to top Go down

Post  pfadfinder-outdoor Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:01 am

perfect, Ant+ is working with all sensors. Found the Menue button Very Happy

thanks

PS: I think the cadence does not need a 0.00 display.

pfadfinder-outdoor

Cantidad de envíos : 22

http://www.pfadfinder-outdoor.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Haran Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:12 am

orux wrote:
fabrylama wrote:

Only two ways-->
1.-auto segment creation, each xx minutes/km (configuration--tracks/routes)
2.-auto segment creation, if no movement after xx seconds (configuration--tracks/routes)

orux

Well, I see that the menu "Auto segment, no movement" reports: "(0 to infinite; must be greater than 15')".

15 seconds.. uhmmm...IMHO too many!
Riding my bike, Garmin Edge 305 becomes idle in about 1-2 seconds after I had a stop.
When I restart riding, Edge immediately re-starts recording.
And modern GPS chips, on android devices, are far better than Edge 305. (i.e. my Edge 305 fix in about 45', Galaxy S3 about 5').
Question

-----------------------------------

I would like to suggest that it would be useful to insert the option of a short beep every time the gps detects a pause, and another short beep when it detects that the movements resumes.

Thanks!

Last edited by Haran on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Haran

Cantidad de envíos : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down