OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to create a single OruxMaps sqlite database from multiples ozi files?

5 posters

Go down

How to create a single OruxMaps sqlite database from multiples ozi files? Empty How to create a single OruxMaps sqlite database from multiples ozi files?

Post  cthulu Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:56 pm

I tried to merge multiples tiles in OziExplorer format (xxx.jpg and xxx.map files) into a single OruxMaps sqlite database.

I used the Batch Converter tab in OruxMapsDesktop, but only the first ozi file is processed. The remaining ozi files failed.

Files found:23
OK---->C:\TBmm UI-2.0b2\Cartes\4851A.map!!!
Failed:C:\TBmm UI-2.0b2\Cartes\4852A.map!!!
Failed:C:\TBmm UI-2.0b2\Cartes\4853A.map!!!
Failed:C:\TBmm UI-2.0b2\Cartes\4854A.map!!!

Any idea?

OruxMaps on a Samsung Galaxy Note is simply the best! Many thanks for this great application.

cthulu

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

How to create a single OruxMaps sqlite database from multiples ozi files? Empty Re: How to create a single OruxMaps sqlite database from multiples ozi files?

Post  orux Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:29 pm

cthulu wrote:I tried to merge multiples tiles in OziExplorer format (xxx.jpg and xxx.map files) into a single OruxMaps sqlite database.

I used the Batch Converter tab in OruxMapsDesktop, but only the first ozi file is processed. The remaining ozi files failed.

Files found:23
OK---->C:\TBmm UI-2.0b2\Cartes\4851A.map!!!
Failed:C:\TBmm UI-2.0b2\Cartes\4852A.map!!!
Failed:C:\TBmm UI-2.0b2\Cartes\4853A.map!!!
Failed:C:\TBmm UI-2.0b2\Cartes\4854A.map!!!

Any idea?

OruxMaps on a Samsung Galaxy Note is simply the best! Many thanks for this great application.

Hi, thanks;

With the batch tool, OMD creates one sqlite map per map, not a single map.

About the calibration problem, please, send me two of the ozi maps -->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

How to create a single OruxMaps sqlite database from multiples ozi files? Empty Re: How to create a single OruxMaps sqlite database from multiples ozi files?

Post  cthulu Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi Orux,

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry, but I thought that batch converter was designed to merge multiple georeferenced map files in a single OruxMaps database.

I have not noticed any calibration problem when I use only one ozi file. I have forced WGS84 datum in OruxMapsDesktop and copied the resulting OruxMaps database in my phone. All seems ok.

I suppose I have to merge my maps with some other tool before to convert them in OruxMaps format.

Do you have any suggestion?

cthulu

Back to top Go down

Post  var-alex Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am

I get the same error on page "batch convert". The first file is converted. Others were not. But any of the converted files on the page "Converter". Is ready to send the files to check.
Code:

Files found:2000
OK---->G:\Карты\МО\Скан Весенний\VESNA_SAT_1-1.map!!!
Failed:G:\Карты\МО\Скан Весенний\VESNA_SAT_1-10.map!!!
Failed:G:\Карты\МО\Скан Весенний\VESNA_SAT_1-100.map!!!
Failed:G:\Карты\МО\Скан Весенний\VESNA_SAT_1-11.map!!!
Failed:G:\Карты\МО\Скан Весенний\VESNA_SAT_1-12.map!!!
Failed:G:\Карты\МО\Скан Весенний\VESNA_SAT_1-13.map!!!
Failed:G:\Карты\МО\Скан Весенний\VESNA_SAT_1-14.map!!!

var-alex

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  mcgiver Fri May 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Hello Orux

I want to create only one sqlite file, if I use the Batch Converter it will create a file for each file xxx.map.

How can I get around this problem as I want and stick with just a sqlite file.

I have over 600 files xxx.map (Militres Maps of Portugal).

thank you What a Face
mcgiver
mcgiver

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:53 pm

You may try some tool like Global Mapper that can load number of maps and then export single map based on them. There are lots of limitations but I do not know better solution.

pedja

Cantidad de envíos : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  mcgiver Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:32 am

Thank you

I'll try that. Very Happy
mcgiver
mcgiver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down