OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VERSION 4.8.0 - WHY READ CONTACT DATA?

4 posters

Go down

VERSION 4.8.0 - WHY READ CONTACT DATA? Empty VERSION 4.8.0 - WHY READ CONTACT DATA?

Post  Kitosch Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Why is permission to read contact data required for 4.8.0? If there is a new function that needs it, please offer it as a free add-on only for the people who want it. I won't let any software read my contact data. I really want to keep using Oruxmaps because I think it is great software, but I won't update when I have to set permission to read my contacts.

Thank you.

Last edited by orux on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : PostIt (orux))

Kitosch

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

VERSION 4.8.0 - WHY READ CONTACT DATA? Empty Re: VERSION 4.8.0 - WHY READ CONTACT DATA?

Post  orux Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Kitosch wrote:Why is permission to read contact data required for 4.8.0? If there is a new function that needs it, please offer it as a free add-on only for the people who want it. I won't let any software read my contact data. I really want to keep using Oruxmaps because I think it is great software, but I won't update when I have to set permission to read my contacts.

Thank you.

OruxMaps read the contacts when the user wants to allow a friend to see his position, or to select a friend to see his position (new multitracking feature).

It seemed a good idea, it avoids having to write the email. But it is not neccesary.

But it seems that people do not like!

I thought that OruxMaps users trust the application, after so many years, and many users ...

Removed in the next update.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

VERSION 4.8.0 - WHY READ CONTACT DATA? Empty Re: VERSION 4.8.0 - WHY READ CONTACT DATA?

Post  twoten Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:41 pm

orux wrote:
I thought that OruxMaps users trust the application, after so many years, and many users ...

I wouldn't have a problem allowing permission and agree many users would trust the application but think it may give new users some concern.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitosch Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:06 am

Thanks for the info.

This has nothing to do with you personally or OruxMaps, it's just a general personal attitude of mine that I had to learn the hard way. You are just so vulnerable on the web that I try to do what I can to protect my personal stuff.

Thanks again.

Kitosch

Back to top Go down

Post  twqqis Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:59 pm

there are applications on android that you can tell it which permissions to allow for other applications, I use LBE Privacy Guard. I can tell it to block an application from seeing my contact list...

Very Happy

twqqis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down