OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Automatic Naming for Waypoints

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Automatic Naming for Waypoints

Post  ChrisWoo on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi there,

Could you possibly add a "Create Quick Waypoint" option to the software? When you click on the button, it would add a waypoint and just name it something like "WP01" without showing the waypoint details screen. Then, the next one I add would be "WP02", etc.

This would be handy for me when I'm in the city and I just want to plot some quick waypoints to get from A to B. I don't need to give them more meaningful names as once I reach my destination, I don't care about the waypoints anymore and will just delete them.

Hope this is something you could consider!

All the best,

Chris

ChrisWoo

Back to top Go down

Re: Automatic Naming for Waypoints

Post  orux on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 pm

ChrisWoo wrote:Hi there,

Could you possibly add a "Create Quick Waypoint" option to the software? When you click on the button, it would add a waypoint and just name it something like "WP01" without showing the waypoint details screen. Then, the next one I add would be "WP02", etc.

This would be handy for me when I'm in the city and I just want to plot some quick waypoints to get from A to B. I don't need to give them more meaningful names as once I reach my destination, I don't care about the waypoints anymore and will just delete them.

Hope this is something you could consider!

All the best,

Chris

Hi, Chris;
added to my 'todo' list.

orux

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  volker on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Hello,

currently the auto-numbering is limited to the active track. This operation gives you a great overview within this track. But if you start a new track, the auto-numbering starts from the beginning and some tracks more ... you get lost when accessing the waypoints via the waypoint-menu. A global auto-numbering could be a good solution.

Best regards, Volker

volker

Cantidad de envíos : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top