OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  lorenzo.pozzoli on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:38 am

Hi, I really like your software,but i'd found very useful to have barometric altitude using the sensor of my galaxy note.
Is it possible to implement it?
Thank you so much

lorenzo.pozzoli

Cantidad de envíos : 17
Fecha de inscripción : 2012-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  orux on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:36 pm

lorenzo.pozzoli wrote:Hi, I really like your software,but i'd found very useful to have barometric altitude using the sensor of my galaxy note.
Is it possible to implement it?
Thank you so much

Done;

test last beta-->http://www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  lorenzo.pozzoli on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 pm

orux wrote:
lorenzo.pozzoli wrote:Hi, I really like your software,but i'd found very useful to have barometric altitude using the sensor of my galaxy note.
Is it possible to implement it?
Thank you so much

Done;

test last beta-->http://www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux

Well done It seems very good..i'm gonna try it better.
Thank you very much

lorenzo.pozzoli

Cantidad de envíos : 17
Fecha de inscripción : 2012-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  bozo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:12 am

Hi I'm using since two weeks now Oruxmaps with my new SE Xperia Active. Works like a charm so far. Now I found out that I can also use the barometric sensor of my Xperia Active and I know from my Garmin Edge that it works more precise then the GPS altitude measurement. Unfortunately the initial altitude it measures is not really reflecting the real altitude (about -60m to the real altitude). The measurement after the initial measurement seems to be good as expected but it could happen that you could go beyond the sea level as the initial measurement was to low. From my Garmin I know that it needs to calibrate the barometric sensor. Therefor you need to leave it for a while at one place with no movement. Result was in the past not so bad (+/-10m). How can I calibrate the barometric sensor in Oruxmaps?

If there is currently no method available would it be possible to enter the altitude for a GPS location? Then I could find out what the real altitude is and save it to a GPS location. Would be great to save more than one altitude-location combination.

Thanks for your support.

bozo


Last edited by bozo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just to add one sntence)

bozo

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2012-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  orux on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:17 pm

bozo wrote:Hi I'm using since two weeks now Oruxmaps with my new SE Xperia Active. Works like a charm so far. Now I found out that I can also use the barometric sensor of my Xperia Active and I know from my Garmin Edge that it works more precise then the GPS altitude measurement. Unfortunately the initial altitude it measures is not really reflecting the real altitude (about -60m to the real altitude). The measurement after the initial measurement seems to be good as expected but it could happen that you could go beyond the sea level as the initial measurement was to low. From my Garmin I know that it needs to calibrate the barometric sensor. Therefor you need to leave it for a while at one place with no movement. Result was in the past not so bad (+/-10m). How can I calibrate the barometric sensor in Oruxmaps?

If there is currently no method available would it be possible to enter the altitude for a GPS location? Then I could find out what the real altitude is and save it to a GPS location. Would be great to save more than one altitude-location combination.

Thanks for your support.

bozo

Hi;

Start the gps, then use upper-right button: 'more'--'tweaks'--'calibrate gps'.

You have to do that in a position where you know the altitude, or:

Test the last beta -->www.oruxmaps.com/cs
There is a new 'AUTO' option, that calibrates the altimeter-barometer using the GPS (you need to keep your position 1-3 minutes).

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  bozo on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:38 am

Works great. Thank you.

Greatings from Germany

bozo

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2012-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  mathijsen on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:11 am

thank you for the hint. didn't find the barometer calibration option before, because it's placed in this "sub-sub menu". would be great if a next version provides a button in the button builder for barometer calibration.

mathijsen

Cantidad de envíos : 1
Fecha de inscripción : 2012-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:42 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum