OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profiles bug and request

2 posters

Go down

Profiles bug and request Empty Profiles bug and request

Post  Alastair Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:06 am

Wow! Thanks for the implementation of profiles in the last couple of betas. These are such a great improvement for the software. I can now keep my GPX files for walking, mountain biking, road biking, running, etc in different directories, etc.

A couple of issues though:

• I have started to use a different Mapmytracks account for each activity type and profile and have set the "default activity type" (in Oruxmaps) accordingly. However, it now seems to set my uploads to "miscellaneous" even though I have it set correctly in Oruxmaps (in earlier betas I think it was correct).

• In a previous posting (https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/t1259-favourite-track-types) I requested the option to define your favourite track type to be used for saving in the Oruxmaps database and for uploading to the various online services (Everytrail, Mapmytrack, GPSies). Now that you have implemented profiles, this would be a perfect time to introduce this so that people can have a different profile for each activity. What do you think?

Thanks again for such a great application.

Alastair

Alastair

Cantidad de envíos : 34

Back to top Go down

Profiles bug and request Empty Re: Profiles bug and request

Post  orux Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Alastair wrote:Wow! Thanks for the implementation of profiles in the last couple of betas. These are such a great improvement for the software. I can now keep my GPX files for walking, mountain biking, road biking, running, etc in different directories, etc.

A couple of issues though:

• I have started to use a different Mapmytracks account for each activity type and profile and have set the "default activity type" (in Oruxmaps) accordingly. However, it now seems to set my uploads to "miscellaneous" even though I have it set correctly in Oruxmaps (in earlier betas I think it was correct).

• In a previous posting (https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/t1259-favourite-track-types) I requested the option to define your favourite track type to be used for saving in the Oruxmaps database and for uploading to the various online services (Everytrail, Mapmytrack, GPSies). Now that you have implemented profiles, this would be a perfect time to introduce this so that people can have a different profile for each activity. What do you think?

Thanks again for such a great application.

Alastair

Hi, Alastair; thanks.

About MapMyTracks; I have reported them this problem, because I think OruxMaps is working fine. There are some activities (mountain bike, for example) that does not work, but there are other than yes.

About saving preferences about track type, I am working with that. But will be ready for next version. I want to release soon 4.2, because I received a threat from a map provider, I have to remove their maps if I do not want to end up in jail Smile

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Alastair Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:23 pm

Mapmytracks - ah that probably explains why I thought it had been working sometimes and not others. Thanks.

Track types - I can see where your priorities have to be! You wouldn't get a very good GPS signal from inside a prison cell, Smile

Good luck with the greedy map providers!

Alastair

Cantidad de envíos : 34

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down