OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some improvements with follow Tracks

2 posters

Go down

Some improvements with follow Tracks Empty Some improvements with follow Tracks

Post  Breenild Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Hello Orux,

thanks for this nice App!
I have some wishes for future Releases, but I don't now if this were not already implemented.

First of all I don't know the benefit of the Segments which are already in OM.

I have some Ideas to use them:
During Track recording I want to have a Hotkey (e.g. the Search Button, or a special, easy to hit Button on the Display) to create a new Segment without to enter any Informations.

My Idea is, that a Route constists of many Waypoints, to modellize my Track along the corners of the Roads, Way's etc. And I have a few Segments, to describe the positions, where the route will leave the actual Road. Positions where i have to pay attention.

After the track creation i will drive my route.
The Waypoints only will used to draw the track on the Map, but no further action.
But before I reach a Segment Point, the App will play a Sound, so I can look on the Display, what is to do. (turn left or right, etc).
Further I want to see the Distance to the next Segment point and the Distance to End of Track on my Dashboard.

And last it will be nice, to add Segment points afterwards to an existing, downloaded or recorded Route.

I hope you understand my bad english and you may implement this to your APP, if it isn't already in Wink

Breenild

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Some improvements with follow Tracks Empty Re: Some improvements with follow Tracks

Post  Breenild Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:31 pm

No Comments?

Breenild

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Some improvements with follow Tracks Empty Re: Some improvements with follow Tracks

Post  orux Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Breenild wrote:No Comments?

Hi, Sorry;

Segments are part of the gpx standard.

Logically serve to separate sections of the same track, for example, on a trip of several days, one segment per day. Or when you stop and you do not want to record during stop time, or to separate sections of a track in xx miles, or every xx minutes, using 'auto segment' feature, for example, if you want to know your pace per mile or minute.

I think you should use wpts to score significative points, not segments. The segments are a set of points of continuous tracks.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down